Committee of Chief Risk Officers (CCRO)
As Executive Director of the CCRO, Bob is the Committee’s
principal spokesperson, lead strategist and chief administrator.
He represents the Committee before the FERC, CFTC,
Congress, and major industry conferences. The Committee of
Chief Risk Officers is a corporation of member companies from
across the energy industry from upstream to retail. The CCRO
is dedicated to the development and advancement of a broad
range of best practices in the fields of risk and compliance.
In his role as CCRO lead, Bob has developed relationships with risk professionals from across the industry, creating constructive opportunities for all to grow in expertise and career.
Prior to becoming the lead at the CCRO, Bob had more than two decades of energy trading and risk management experience. Bob was the Chief Risk Officer for the El Paso Corporation, a consultant with McKinsey & Company, and a lead at the energy derivatives trading & marketing group at BP Oil Company. Bob is also an entrepreneur and consultant providing direct services help companies advance their risk management and performance goals. In this role, Bob has wide ranging experience:
• Publishing an expert analysis of the risk practice gaps that contributed to a major default in an ISO power market
• Benchmarking the risk-adjusted performance of a trading business unit
• Assessing gaps to risk management best practices for large utilities
• Advising a CEO regarding organizational change to implement a new risk function and create a culture of risk-awareness
• Serving as CEO for a start-up initiative introducing an innovative approach to energy market transparency.
Bob successfully developed funding sources and processes for transforming energy transaction data into new market metrics.
Bob also provides expert witness services for corporate litigation in the areas of risk management, corporate governance, and business development. Bob has received much public acknowledgement for his contributions to the field of
risk management, including the “Famous Fifty” hall of fame award and years of industry speaking engagements. Bob’s educational background includes an MBA from Duke’s Fuqua School of Business and a BE in Mechanical Engineering from Vanderbilt University.